1. Nature Art – Use Andy Goldsworthy for inspiration
2. Hemp bracelets and jewelry - I know up to a 12 stand knot pattern and as simple as a braid
3. Faith Journey Bracelets using paper beads. This could be incorporated into a Bible study of some sort. I have used it for Bible studies before as an ice breaker. A story of Jesus bead could also be included.
4. Friendship bracelets using colored string
|Image from ScienceBuzz.o|
6. Draw a picture from the imagination
7. Art Journaling – How many kids will there be? What supplies will I need to take? This could be incorporated into a Bible study of some sort.
8. Homemade Watercolor paints – Could be incredibly simple
9. Design posters – Maybe make a poster (or even a card) for you family or best friend
10. Write a poem – no rules just write what you think or feel
11. Collage – use magazine pages or dried leaves. Maybe introduce the idea of journaling being a form of prayer.
12. Origami – Use old magazine pages
13. Pet rocks – I would need to take googly eyes
This is just my brainstorm list. I am not sure that all of these will be culturally or age appropriate. We will be having a meeting about the trip soon, so I can ask which ones would be plausible. Do you guys have any more project ideas that are versatile and have a small supply list? Or any project ideas that could be used as a part of a Bible study?