Thursday, November 23, 2017

Foster Mom Stories FF - What's This Series About?

Hey you,

I considered starting a new blog all about the joys and lessons associated with fostering. The first experience was hard. I was sick for most of it with Mono and Hepatitis (long story, Drs overdosed me on Benadryl when I had an allergic reaction to a medication) and anyone who has raised children knows that taking on two toddlers as our first placement was absolutely crazy.

Anyways, instead of starting a new blog I decided that this would fit in perfectly with my religion blog. This blog is all about my faith and what I study about the belief systems and worldviews of others. Not every post will talk about God but there is no doubt that I would have made it through parenting without daily turning to God for help, studying the Word and God as a perfect parent, as well as trusting that God knew what He was doing even when I didn't see the significance. Sooo, here goes a new series all about my Foster Mom Stories.

So, What's Next?

We are not sure what our next placement will be. We are in the process of praying about what direction to go. Details like how many and their ages are still up in the air. Adoption vs foster care is another topic we are praying over. Regardless, we plan to take on another adventure in the realm of kids and I'm sure you will enjoy following the adventure as much as we enjoy having it. My prayer is that I will learn more about God and grow stronger and gain wisdom through it all.

This Blog Series will be my journal about my experiences as a foster parent. I will share our journey and what I am learning along the way. Though I plan to talk about the struggles and challenges, there is so much that needs to be kept private and I intend to maintain privacy for the sake of our littles and their families, as well as our personal sanity. Know that it is tough and there will be times I only share the positive to keep myself in check. Also, I do not always share as life is happening.

In this series, you can expect to read about the grace and mercy of God, as well as redemption and hope. I suppose the opposite of these things would include the sinful nature inherent in children and parents alike. I will also share what I learn about parenting children who have been through more than most of us see.

I hope that you will have a new understanding of foster parents and foster children from following this series.

You can also follow the hashtag with the same name over on Instagram to see more of my stories and corresponding artwork as well.

Thank you for starting this journey with us!
Love,
Felicia Follum

No comments:

Post a Comment